Community Grant Application Guidelines
To be eligible for funding an organization must be PEI-based, a nonprofit organization with registered charitable status, and is not classified as a private foundation. The Foundation will award grants based on the following:
- Project(s) that primarily benefit the communities of Prince Edward Island
- Organizations with a Registered Charitable Number with the Canada Revenue Agency. If you are not a registered charity you will need to arrange for a registered charity to agree to oversee the project on your behalf.
- Projects with definite purposes and that will be covering a specific period of time
- Scholarships and Bursaries will be awarded to educational institutes and not to individuals
- The Foundation encourages the participation of others in funding projects and, on occasion, provides matching funds or challenge grants to boost increased response from other sources
The Foundation will NOT consider requests for the following:
- Grants directly to individuals
- Endowment establishment or addition to endowed funds
- Annual campaigns
- Special events or fundraisers
- Sectarian or religious activities
- Party political activities or organizations
- Medical or scientific research projects
- Operating or renovation expenses
- Operating or capital deficits
- All applicants will be required to complete the application form and submit requested documentation
- Applicants that receive a grant over $500 will be required to complete a final report upon completion of the project. The foundation reserves the right to review the project at any time.
Please note: Only successful recipients will be notified
Reporting and Recognition
We ask that Scholarships and Grants recipients attend the CFPEI Awards Recognition event at The Rodd Charlottetown Hotel at the CFPEI Awards Event in August of each year. You will meet with the Fund Donor representative and receive your award cheque. We ask that you pose for photos and or video clips. Images will be posted on CFPEI website, social media and other media outlets.
For those organizations and groups who have received a grant of over $500, it is requested that they prepare and submit a brief final report upon completion of their project.
Grant award recipients are asked to do the following:
- Acknowledge the financial support of the grant by listing the CFPEI logo in any presentation, publication, signage and promotion, and publicity of the project
- Where possible, list the name the Fund from which you received the grant, so the Fund donor will be acknowledged
- Recognize the support of the CFPEI through your website, and in your annual and/or financial reports
- Upon completion of your project forward to us good-quality photographs related to your project along with signed photo release forms so we can include them in our publications and on our website