A second call for applications for the Government of Canada’s $350 million Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) will be available from October 5 to October 30th. The Government of Canada has released the balance of funding for ECSF which is being administered in collaboration with Community Foundations of Canada, United Way Centraide Canada and the Canadian Red Cross.
The Community Foundation of PEI and The United Way of PEI will be accepting applications for the second round of the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) to help charities serve and support vulnerable Islanders during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared, community-based charities and non-profit organizations have been working tirelessly to provide emergency support of all kinds—in particular, to individuals and communities experiencing continued or heightened vulnerability. Demand for their services has increased dramatically. The Fund is designed to help organizations carry out their vital work in the coming months to ensure no one is left behind.
Webinar For Applicants
Tuesday, October 6 1:00PM EST Registration for this webinar is available here. If you are interested and unable to attend, let us know and we would be happy to help you access a recorded version.
Types of services funded
- Food Security – prepared meals; delivery service; hampers/baskets.
- Financial Wellness – financial literacy or coaching; access to income supports
- Home Care or Personal Support – for seniors, Elders, and persons with disabilities
- Health & Hygiene – health info.; medication; personal hygiene & medical supplies
- Information & Navigation – providing information; navigating supports
- Legal Support – tools & resources; legal clinics, etc.
- Mental Health & Wellness – peer support; crisis support
- Shelter – housing; crisis support
- Personal Safety – info.; violence & abuse support; violence & abuse prevention
- Social Inclusion & Learning – friendly conversation; social activities; learning
- Transportation – access to safe transport to essential appointments and errands
Who will be granting funds
- The Community Foundation of PEI
- Will accept funding applications from charities and qualified donees.
- Total fund requested must be UP TO $20,000
- Apply to the Community Foundation of PEI Here
- The United Way of PEI
- Will accept funding applications from charities and other qualified donees.
- Total fund requested must be ABOVE $20,000
- Apply to United Way Here
- Canadian Red Cross
- Will manage a granting stream for non-profits and a Preventing Disease Transmission Training & Equipment Program for registered charities, qualified donees and non-profits.
- Apply to Canadian Red Cross Here
About the Fund
The Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) is a $350M investment from the Government of Canada to support charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations as they manage the impacts of COVID-19.
The Emergency Community Support Fund is funded by the Government of Canada through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).