Arthur & Theresa (Gillis) MacDonald were born, raised and educated in rural Prince Edward Island. Arthur was raised in East Point and Theresa in Low Point (Point Hill), PEI. Later in life, they left the Island to pursue work and career opportunities in central Canada and the United States. They never forgot their roots and had great compassion for children and youth. Theresa established in Last Will and Testament, a trust fund to benefit others and particularly those continuing their education that could benefit from financial assistance.
This Scholarship Fund was transferred to the CFPEI in 2011 by the committee of the Arthur and Theresa MacDonald Trust. The income from the funds assists Island students who are in a PEI post-secondary program and would benefit from financial assistance.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Graduating from any Prince Edward Island Highschool
- Enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary school
- Demonstrates effort and dedication to academic studies
- Demonstrates financial need
- Must not be a recipient of another major scholarship or award from the High School.
- Personal Statement–SEE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DETAILS
- Statement of financial need-SEE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DETAILS
- Formal statement of academic standing
- Transcript of marks
- Confirmation of acceptance from a Canadian Post-Secondary Institution
- Two (2) letters of reference–SEE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DETAILS
2020 Estimated Granting: $5,000 Total
Applications Open: February 1st, 2020
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2020 at 11:59 PM