The Brodie McCarthy Memorial Leadership Scholarship Fund was established by the PEI Rugby Community at the Community Foundation of PEI to honour the life of Brodie McCarthy. Brodie was a popular, fun-loving, proficient high school student and athlete who passed away as the result of a tragic accident while playing rugby, one of his favorite sports. The purpose of the fund is to award an annual scholarship(s) in memory of Brodie McCarthy, to a graduating student from Montague Regional High School who will continue their studies in a post-secondary institution.
The Montague Regional High School Scholarship Committee is responsible for the selection of the successful recipient.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- A graduating student at Montague Regional High School who will be attending a post-secondary institution in the fall
- Possesses strong leadership qualities and who has a strong sense of community
- Possesses a strong academic background
- Priority may be given to applicants that are school athletes
- Application must be accompanied by a personal statement of maximum 500 words that describes why you feel you would be an appropriate recipient of this scholarship.
- Complete application form
- Personal Statement (Max 500 words)–SEE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DETAILS
- Confirmation of acceptance or confirmation of continuing attendance at a post-secondary institution.
Estimated Granting: $2,000
- Application Process: Available from Montague Regional High School or online link below
- Applications Open: February 1st
- Application Deadline: May 1st